Allen D. Nease Panther Pride Band
The band program at Nease High School is compiled of students in the ninth through twelfth grades. The students have the opportunity to enroll concert band and jazz band classes, as well as percussion classes. Students may also participate in the award winning marching band, percussion ensemble, and winter guard programs. Academic achievement is of utmost importance at Allen D. Nease High School, as a majority of our students take multiple advanced placement courses, and/or are enrolled in the International Baccalaureate program.
The Nease band program offers students several different types of band ensembles, giving them a variety of musical selections throughout the year.
Color Guard is a non-instrument auxiliary group performing choreographed dances that enhance the visual effect of a Marching Band.
Nease’s Band Director, Mr. Spencer Oyster
Mr. Spencer Oyster is a native of Tallahassee, Florida. He is a graduate of the Florida State University College of Music. Prior to coming to Nease, Mr. Oyster taught down in the Florida Keys. His primary instruments are the euphonium and the trombone, although he can play just about everything. Mr. Oyster’s passion and energy for music comes through in his teaching style and brings out the best from each student musician.
Contact Mr. Oyster with any questions at
Band dues cover uniforms, dinners, snacks, transportation costs and more. The cost of dues is determined in the end of the Spring semester. Students can pay their dues in full, or set-up a payment plan.
Ways to Pay Marching Band Dues
- PayPal: please use Nease Band Boosters or [email protected]. Please note that if you are paying via PayPal that the PayPal 3% processing fee will be added to your payment.
- Check Drop-off: you may place your check in the tan box located on the back wall in the Band Classroom
- Check by Mail: a check can be mailed to: Nease Band Boosters, 2220 CR 210 W, STE 108 PMB 140, St. Johns, FL 32259.
- Venmo Account Name: @neasebandboosters – Last four digits of phone number on Venmo account: 4552.
- Parents MUST include their student’s name in the memo and that the payment is for dues.
The scholarship applications are no longer being accepted for the 2023 Marching Band and Color Guard Season.
The Nease Marching Band are grateful for donations large and small. Any donated amount can make a difference and help keep our band dues low. You can donate to the marching band via PayPal* to [email protected].
* Paypal has discontinued the use of their “Friends and Family” option that allows you to send money without a fee. If you pay with Paypal, they do charge fees, which comes out of your payment. To avoid these fees, you may send a check in with your child and have them place it in the Band Booster Box in the Band Room, or you can mail the check to:
Nease Band Boosters, Inc. 2220 CR 210 W, Suite 108 Box 140,
St. Johns, FL 32259